Many members of the Penn State community will be able to use the Research Metadata Database to deposit their article with the Libraries.
- Navigate to your profile and authenticate if needed. Note: If you authenticate but are unable to access a profile, you will need to use a different method to deposit your article. If you have an Access ID, you can deposit directly in ScholarSphere. If you do not have Access ID but need to deposit, please contact the Office of Scholarly Communications and Copyright.
- Find the article you wish to deposit on the list under “Publication.” Check the icon in the “Open Access Status” column to the right of the title.
- If the icon is an unlocked lock, the Libraries have already identified an open access version of the article in a trusted repository (e.g., in a coauthor’s institutional repository or in a funder repository). You don’t need to do anything further.
- If the icon is a locked lock, you or a Penn State coauthor have received a waiver of the open access policy for the article.
- If the icon is an hourglass, an open access version of the publication is currently being added to ScholarSphere.
- If the icon is a question mark, the open access status of the publication is currently unknown. Click the title to deposit your post-print, submit a URL for an open access version, or submit a waiver.
- To deposit an article that does not yet appear in the list under “Publication,” please deposit it directly in ScholarSphere.